The outdoor kitchen trend has been on the rise for the past couple of years, even before being stuck in the house drove home the point that having a gorgeous place to dine alfresco is a wonderful way to distress and shake off the stir-crazy blues. When you create your own private resort-like home, then you don’t feel like you need a vacation away from it, and that can be priceless. The outdoor kitchen embodies all of your favorite things about living in this tropical paradise, Southwest Florida—spending time with friends outdoors, eating out and sipping cocktails on your gorgeous outdoor furniture; pool parties with burgers and dogs on the grill and kids running barefoot; romantic evenings out under the stars listening to the tree frogs chirping while you sip a glass of wine. From countertops to cabinetry, there are so many ways to create an outdoor kitchen that will be the envy of the neighborhood–and make you wonder how you can ever go back to standard, indoor cooking again. What could be better than having all of the essentials you need for outdoor cooking and entertaining right at your fingertips all year round? And if that isn’t enough, let us give you a few more reasons to consider having us install a beautiful outdoor kitchen for you.
- Outdoors is more fun—Honestly the number 1 benefit of owning an outdoor kitchen is fun entertaining. Studies show that an outdoor kitchen is viewed as an experience, while the indoor kitchen is viewed more as a room. The outdoor kitchen is all about fun, whereas the indoor kitchen has a higher focus on functionality. With your outdoor kitchen, you are creating a wonderful social gathering area because let’s face it, everyone one loves hanging out by the grill and people tend to congregate wherever the food is. The outdoor kitchen allows for that gathering in a much better way than the interior kitchen. It is a more casual and relaxed way to entertain. If you have a pool, it’s a wonderful way to have people over and not have to worry about them tracking water in and out of the house constantly while seeking out food and drinks.
- It is a great investment— A recent survey done by Casual Living Magazine, showed that 49% of homeowners have already added outdoor living and a cooking area to their home. In addition, of the people who stated that they did not have an outdoor kitchen, about 25% said that they were anticipating adding one within a year. When you compare them to other outdoor home improvements, kitchens have a much higher rate of return on investment. In fact, outdoor kitchens typically get a 71% return on investment, according to the “Remodeling Impact Report” from the National Association of REALTORS®. As with any home improvement, the ROI formula works providing you have a kitchen designed and built that is proportional to the home value and location. ROI also depends on what area you live in. For example, warmer areas tend to see a higher ROI than colder areas, and that bodes well for us here in SWFL.
Another factor in this is the quality of the materials that are used to build your outdoor kitchen. You’ll want to be sure that BBQ grills and outdoor appliances you have installed are made with stainless steel and designed to withstand tough weather environments. We are authorized resellers of WeatherStrong Outdoor Cabinetry, which are manufactured in the U.S.A. with a 3⁄4″ All-Weatherboard™ to stand up to the harsh elements Mother Nature can send our way, from pounding rain to boiling hot summer afternoons, our WeatherStrong cabinets are tough enough to take it. We work with a number of suppliers so you can choose whatever cabinets or decorative walls and countertops you’d like, from a stacked stone look to beautiful weatherproof countertops.
And aside from the ROI when you sell your home, an outdoor kitchen can lower expenses while you continue to live in your home. When you prepare meals indoors the temperature in your house goes up a great deal. This makes your AC work extra hard, causing an increase in your energy bills. When you grill outdoors it means that your air conditioner does not have to work extra hard to eliminate the hot air inside, so as you can see, if you prepare meals outdoors instead of indoors, you will automatically save a lot of money.
- It Makes Cooking Easier—We’ve just mentioned that cooking outdoors keeps your kitchen cool, but it also eliminates lingering odors in your house. We all know eating seafood is a healthy way to eat, but let’s face it, fish definitely stinks up the house when we do. Cooking it outdoors eliminates that bad odor hanging around indoors. A fully equipped kitchen will make it convenient to do all of the prep work and cooking in the same place. This allows you to relax and talk to your guests while you put the meal together. Convenience will have you using your outdoor kitchen way more than you know.
- It Extends the Living Space of Your Home—One of the reasons that outdoor kitchens have become so popular recently is because they expand the size of your home, increasing the living area and expanding on your kitchen usage. Think about it, you are essentially having us build a new room. Even though it’s outdoors, you are still getting a brand new fully functional space for eating, playing and relaxing. Nothing is worse than hosting a party and then never getting a true chance to enjoy your guests as you cook in the kitchen and then shuttle the food back and forth to the guests. The outdoor kitchen let’s you both cook and spend time with your friends at the same time. In terms of return on investment, your new outdoor kitchen can actually serve as a form of social currency – hosting dinner and events at your own home suddenly becomes more appealing than dining out!
- Healthy Eating Becomes the Norm—Everyone simply loves food that is barbequed on the grill over an open flame. The open flame’s high heat creates a flavor that can’t be recreated in an indoor kitchen. Grilled food is less greasy and fatty than almost every other cooking option. So if you are eating clean and trying to increase the healthy eating your family is doing, then you can’t do better than the kind of grilling you will do with an outdoor kitchen.
Now that you are fantasizing about a new outdoor kitchen and living space to enjoy with your friends and family, give us a call, we look forward to designing and building the outdoor kitchen of your dreams. Call Mora Contracting at 239-772-1302 #outdoorkitchensSWFL #remodelingcontractor